Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tax Time...

UGH - I've spent the last two days getting all the papers in order for our new CPA, we meet with him Thursday.

I've always done my own taxes, and last year I did 3 years worth of refund returns for my wonderful lazy husband, in addition to my own!  We got married in Sept. of 2009, so filed separately for that year.

But this year, we will be filing jointly, which I know nothing about, having been a widow for the previous 25 years.  Plus we started the business in 2010, and I don't even want to attempt that one on my own!  Hopefully, having it done for us once will enable me to do them myself in the future.

So I got the receipts and papers all in order and on ledger pages, what a job that was - piles of medical and travel receipts all over the dining table like confetti, and every time I turn my back one of the cats is up there trying to 'help' me sort them.  The kitten even ran off with one of them and I had to chase him down!

I just called my old job, and the W-2's are not out yet, 'hopefully soon' they say....  I was 'relieved of my duties' last April, and although it was a crushing blow at the moment, I soon came to realize it was the best thing that could have happened.  I was fed up with the way some of management treated us, and I'm afraid I've never been shy about sharing my opinion with my fellow 'peons', so I'm sure they were well aware of my feelings.  Funniest thing is, they hired 3 people to replace me - guess I was doing a good job, anyway!

Neko, the receipt-stealing kitten, 7 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment