Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Side Effect of Quitting?

So my husband Sam quit chewing tobacco.  Hooray!   And his dentist is happy too.

It's been about a month since he chewed, however he still has the occasional cigar, maybe 2 big ones a week, and one of those little cigarillos daily.

But the last few days, he's been experiencing a strange thing - several foods have "tasted like tacos"!  Foods that really should not taste like tacos -




like country gravy!  That was this morning - yesterday it was Chicken and Wild Rice Soup!  So I think he should eat a couple of tacos and see if that cures him - can't hurt.  If anyone has experienced a similar thing, please leave me a comment!

The sun just came out, and the thermometer registers a little over 35 degrees, so I think I'll go out and see if I can get the rest of my unknown vine off the trellis outside the kitchen window.  I have no idea what it is, but I will find out this spring - I'll send pictures to the folks at my Garden Club forum, someone there always knows.  It's real pretty, and makes great shade for the west-facing window of my kitchen.

RIP Topaz  1986-2001

No comments:

Post a Comment