Sunday, March 13, 2011

Japan

19th century  painting by  Katsushita Hokusai
I've been reading news articles this morning, about the ongoing tragedy in Japan.  My husband spent many years there in the Navy, so it has been a worrisome time for him, attempting to contact old friends.




What I find most amazing are people's statements in the 'Comments' on these articles.  The majority, probably 60%, are an outpouring of sympathy and support, from around the world.  I looked at many articles, from around the world, not just the US.

About 10% were some form of attempt at humor, which is a natural and healthy reaction to disaster, in my opinion.  One actually made me laugh out loud, and I'll share it with you>>

"Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear meltdown, volcano...now all they need is Charlie Sheen for a complete disaster."   Now that's funny!!  (And most amazing, hardly any Godzilla jokes!)


The other 30% really disturb me, and they were worldwide.  Ranting about how Japan didn't clean up Hawaii after Pearl Harbor, and no one should help them now.  I guess they have forgotten about little things like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Can people really be so anxious to spew forth with their 'rant-of-the-day', that they just re-write history or ignore the pieces that don't support their idiotic views?  Well, I suppose they can, our schoolbooks have been doing it for decades.


There you have it - MY 'rant-of-the-day'!
All prayers and blessings to the people of Japan, may the sun rise on a better day for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment